Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Release Day Blitz - SCORING THE BILLIONAIRE by Max Monroe


SCORING THE BILLIONAIRE

by Max Monroe

Add to GOODREADS




BLURB:


Two love-matches made. 
One to go.

Even though two of his best friends have settled down, Wes Lancaster is determined not to get sucked into some siren’s web. As owner of the professional football team the New York Mavericks and wildly successful BAD restaurant, his lifestyle is full as it is. 

Well, it was, until Winnie Winslow, the new, sexy, stiletto-wearing Team Physician trash-talks him in the locker room without batting an eye.

Now he can’t stop himself from wanting her.

The only girl in her parents’ brood of five, she’s as outspoken as she is beautiful and the kind of woman who holds her own—and then some.

Always competitive at heart, if he’s going all in for love...
Wes sure as hell wants a Win-Win. 

Prepare to get a little dirty because this one might go into overtime. 
Game. On.


I am a huge fan of Max Monroe, whoever these mysterious authors are, and I have loved every book by these authors.  It’s important to read the first four books in this series to be able to appreciate Wes and Winnie. 

Wes is Kline and Thatcher’s friend from the first two books, and we all know he is a workaholic with the NFL team he owns.  Winnie is the team doctor who Wes knows he shouldn’t touch, but this man always gets what he wants.  Knowing Winnie is a mother is another reason for Wes to stay away.  He knows that a woman who’s a mother that has so much responsibility has no place in his hectic life, or so he thought.

Winnie is a working mom, raising her daughter Lexi.  Life isn’t easy for her at all with her ex not participating in Lexi’s life, so Winnie has the role of mom and dad.  Lexi and Winnie’s relationship is one of my favorite parts of this book.  You could tell she loved her daughter more than anything in the world.

When Wes and Winnie cross that line, their chemistry is SCORCHING hot!  Those sheets are burning, and you know this couple was meant to be together.  Then, when Wes meets Lexi, it seems this little girl has him wrapped around her little finger, which throws him for a loop and he does the only thing he knows to do and that’s run away.

Throughout this book, we get more of Kline and Georgia, plus Thatcher and Cassie, and that’s some of my favorite parts of this book, too.  Add in the craziness and the humor and I was just dying laughing!  I understand why Wes felt he had to run but I felt Winnie was too understanding about it all.  As much as I did like this book, I felt that the end was rushed and ‘too easy’.  I just wanted more from their story.  I loved Wes’s character, but Kline is still my favorite with Thatcher running a close second.  I couldn’t seem to connect with Wes as much as I had hoped for.  I do think that, by the end, Wes and Winnie ended up being perfect for each other in this 3.5 star book.







No comments:

Post a Comment