Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Review for GROUND AND POUND by Emily Minton and Alexis Noelle


Release Date: February 7, 2016

Add to Goodreads 

Kane Travis is one of the most successful fighters in the UFC. His name is known worldwide. Men want to be him, and women just want him. All Kane wants is the heavy weight title, nothing else matters to him. Not until, he see Emmy twirling around a pole

Kane has one rule, never give anyone else control. He doesn’t let anyone in, especially woman. The night he meets Emmy, he knows she is more dangerous than any opponent he has ever fought.

Emmy Sanders will do anything to care for her younger brother, even taking her clothes off at a seedy strip club. Ever since their parent’s death, she has been the sole provider for them both. All Emmy wants is to get her brother through college, nothing else matters to her, until she sees Kane sitting at the end of the stage. 

Emmy has to have control over every aspect of her life. There is a time and place for everything, she never wavers from her plan. The night she meets Kane, she knows he is more dangerous than anyone she has ever met.





ARC provided by Author


I’ve always been a fan of MMA books and being a fan of Emily and Alexis, I knew this would be a must read for me.  Ground and Pound is one of those books that kept me interested from beginning to end and I just loved Kane.

Kane “Knock Out” Travis is one of the hottest and badass fighters in the UFC world.  He’s tough, sexy, and such an alpha male.  He lives for one-night stands and never lets a woman get into his heart.  Until Emmy.  The one woman who breaks all his rules.

Emmy Sanders has a tragic past.  After losing her parents, she has been struggling to raise her brother Trey and keep him in college.  The one job she hates is the only one that keeps them going—stripping.  As much as she hates it, she knows it is the only thing to keep them going.  And with her asshole of a boss Jason thrown into the mix, it makes her job even that much harder.

When Kane comes into the club with his brother Ozzy and sets his eyes on Emmy aka Sunshine, he knows he has met his match.  He knows he wants her and will stop at nothing to get what he wants.  From the very first scene, their attraction is off the charts HOT!  

Kane and Emmy have amazing chemistry and fit together perfectly.  Neither of them has had an easy past and are both broken in different ways.  Being together, they seem to heal each other and be exactly what they each need to balance out the other. When Emmy finds herself in danger, I loved how Kane showed his fierce and protective side to try to keep Emmy safe, no matter the danger he was faced with.

“I may have had a lot of women.  But, you’re the only woman I’ve ever made love to.”

As Kane is training to win the UFC championship, Emmy has so many mixed feelings. She is struggling with not wanting Kane hurt and doesn’t know how to deal with that.  This is where my issue stands with Emmy.  For her to be so independent while raising her brother, I felt she was so weak at times.  I wanted her to be strong and keep going, and I wanted more from her.  Don’t just roll over and surrender. I wanted the mature Emmy back who was being independent and not relying on a man.

One of the main things I loved about this book are the fight scenes.  They are so in depth and I felt like I was ringside watching it happen.  So descriptive and very believable, something every MMA book needs.  I loved how supportive Trey and Ozzy are to them both, even more when Emmy found herself in danger.  I fell in love with both brothers and would love a book for them.  With that being said, I was really impressed with Kane and he is the perfect man for Emmy.  The sex scenes were scorching and you could feel those sheets melting. I just seemed to want more from Emmy so I could see that fierce side of her we see in the beginning. Overall, it’s one book I recommend and I give this book 4 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment